I’m keeping myself awake with thoughts of “Why would anyone ever like me?”
javertsconfusedboner said: WHAT IS YOUR GUILTIEST SHIP? What is a song you cannot listen to without crying? If you could kill one TV show and bring back one, which would it be? You get to say six words to your past self, what are they?
Hmmm I guess Ash/Misty, cuz Ash is a weenie? I tear up every time I sing along with A Heart Full of Love from Les Mis. Less Annoying Orange, more Animaniacs. “Get ready for therapy, sweet nugget” (I figure I’ll only travel as far back as high school).
"You can tell a lot about someone by the type of music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your media player and write down the first 20 songs. Rules: No skipping! Then pass this on to 10 people"
Tagged by: javertsconfusedboner
1) Deranged-Coheed & Cambria
3) Truck Drivin’ Song-Weird Al Yankovic
4) Bangarang-Skrillex feat. Sirah
5) Everything is AWESOME!!!-Tegan and Sara
6) We Need Love-The Lonely Island
7) Hate You-Reel Big Fish
8) Jack Sparrow-The Lonely Island feat. Michael Bolton
9) Shadow On The Run-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
10) Pyrocumulus (Sicknasty)-Homestuck Vol. 8
11) Breath-Breaking Benjamin
12) Throwdown-Homestuck Vol. 5
13) Pirelli’s Miracle Elixir-Sweeney Todd Soundtrack
14) Scott Pilgrim-Plumtree
15) Davesprite-Homestuck Vol. 8
16) Somebody That I Used to Know-Pentatonix
17) Come On Down-Anamanaguchi
18) Staring-Toby “Radiation” Fox
19) Through the Trees-Shantae: Risky’s Revenge Soundtrack
20) Thetawaves-System of a Down
I TAG THE FOLLOWING:
i’m too lazy to tag people
Talk to the parts of the person that aren’t being eaten by the depression. Make it as easy as possible to make and keep plans, if you have the emotional resources to be the initiator and to meet your friends a little more than halfway. If the person turns down a bunch of invitations in a row because (presumably) they don’t have the energy to be social, respect their autonomy by giving it a month or two and then try again. Keep the invitations simple; “Any chance we could have breakfast Saturday?” > “ARE YOU AVOIDING ME BECAUSE YOU’RE DEPRESSED OR BECAUSE YOU HATE ME I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU.” “I miss you and I want to see you” > “I’m worried about you.” A depressed person is going to have a shame spiral about how their shame is making them avoid you and how that’s giving them more shame, which is making them avoid you no matter what you do. No need for you to call attention to it. Just keep asking. “I want to see you” “Let’s do this thing.” “If you are feeling low, I understand, and I don’t want to impose on you, but I miss your face. Please come have coffee with me.” “Apology accepted. ApologIES accepted. So. Gelato and Outlander?”"
P.S. A lot of people with depression and other mental illnesses have trouble making decisions or choosing from a bunch of different options. “Wanna get dinner at that pizza place on Tuesday night?” is a LOT easier to answer than “So wanna hang out sometime? What do you want to do?”